Life Groups for an Online Campuses are still relatively new and developing. How you do them, what you cover and what provider you use to do Online Life Groups varies. It really depends on what works best for your ministry.
Enter Jeremy Henderson, the Online Pastor at Lake Pointe Church just outside Dallas, Texas. He has taken a different approach to Online Life Groups recently where he has opened up online viewers to be apart of physical, in home life groups. It’s a new, fresh approach so, in this podcast, Tom and Jeremy talk about:
- How Jeremy got started with Online Church
- How Lake Pointe Church does Online Church
- How they do Online Life Groups
- Why they decided to combine some Online and Physical Life Groups together
- What it looks like to add the Online element to the Physical Life Group and how that goes over
- What is the CITN (Church IT Network) and how that helps Church Tech and Online Church Ministers
To connect with Jeremy, check him out on Twitter
Also, Join the Digital Bootcamp Facebook Group to learn how to be more effective using digital tools for your ministry join the group ASAP. This is for ALL Ministers, not just Church Communicators or Social Media Managers.
What do you think? How does your online content help connects people to your local church? Share your experiences below or on social media using #ymsidekick so we can all learn from each other.
To email Tom some ideas on future episodes email him here.
Make sure you goto iTunes and subscribe (http://ht.ly/QdLHJ) to the podcast and see what cool things we do each and every week! And make sure you rate the show, especially if you like it. 🙂
Also, sign up for the Sidekick Scoop (http://ht.ly/TVyKF) to get content from all over the ministry world (especially online and student ministry topics).