Having a content strategy for your Church is really important for communicating your message to the masses. But how do you do it? What goes into the strategy and how does it get organized?
These are great questions that Jennifer Wilder, Digital Strategist for the reThink Group, can answer. Some of her responsibilities include social media for Orange and heading up the Orange Leaders blog and she has a lot of experience with creating and organizing content.
In today’s episode Tom and Jen talk about:
- What Jen does for Orange and OrangeLeaders.com
- Why you should still post on Google + (even though no one is on there haha)
- Why she still uses Twitter both personally and professionally
- The breakdown of what she does with Orange Leaders and how she starts getting topics
- How she narrows down the topic list and how she adjusts for tragedies that happen all too often
- How a blog can be used as a marketing tool
- What different pieces of content do they create
- What image creation tools she uses (Adobe Spark is one of the primary ones)
- How she works with other people at Orange to get their content and “needs” out (this directly applies to Churches)
- How Churches can encourage families with their content
- Why blogging is still vital to your Church’s content strategy
- How Audio Blogs can be another way to get your content out to people in your Church.
Resources mentioned in this Episode
- Orange Leaders Blog and Audio Blog
- YMLX – Youth Ministry Leaders Exchange coming up in February
- Digital Bootcamp (FREE Facebook Group to help you improve your digital knowledge for minisry
- Youth Ministry Cohort (Sponsored this episode. Great Student Ministry Coaching starting in January 2018)
- Ministry Downloads (Great resources for ministers and you can save 25% on purchases by typing YMSidekick in the coupon code section)
So what do you think? How have you thrived during the Middle School years? Join the conversation by sharing your thoughts and insights below or on social media using the hashtag #ymsidekick.
Also, Tom would love to hear from you about what you’d like a future topic to be. To email Tom some ideas email him here.
Make sure you goto iTunes and subscribe to the podcast and see what cool things we do each and every week! And make sure you rate the show, especially if you like it. 🙂
Lastly, sign up for the Sidekick Scoop to get content from all over the ministry world (especially online and student ministry topics).