Change happens all the time. That is why Facebook latest changes to Pages shouldn’t have us too worried. Even though Church Communicators and Ministers will have to adapt, it shouldn’t deter you from your ultimate goal of getting your Church’s content out. In fact, there are HUGE opportunities now for Churches and, in particular, ministers.
That is why Jeanette Yates is back on the podcast. In this episode we talk about…
- how Christmas went and a really cool Text-in-Church campaign she did over Christmas at her Church
- why Facebook’s changes to Pages is not necessarily a bad thing.
- how you can use Facebook Groups for your ministry
- how you can encourage people to be advocates on social media for your Church
- why it is important for ministers to step up on social media
- why Jeanette is optimistic this change from Facebook will make the Church Stronger on social media
- Share your thoughts! What do you think of Facebook’s change and how ministers can adapt to it? Share below or on Twitter using #ymsidekick when you post.
- If you want to connect with Jeanette you can listen to her podcast here or you can find her on Twitter. She is very active on social media, especially on Twitter so get in touch with her.
- NEW eBook! The Twitter Advantage – Some churches are giving up on Twitter and that’s a mistake. This platform has unique advantages over other social platforms and can be leveraged to bring people from your community through your church’s front door. Discover how Twitter can be one of the most effective tools in your communications tool box.
- Facebook Groups! Join the Digital Bootcamp Facebook Group to learn how to be more effective using digital tools for your ministry join the group. This is for ALL Ministers, not just Church Communicators or Social Media Managers.
- Make sure you goto iTunes and subscribe to the podcast and see what cool things we do each and every week! And make sure you rate the show, especially if you like it. 🙂
- If you have an idea for a topic for a future podcast episode, email him here.
- Sign up for the Sidekick Scoop to get content from all over the ministry world (especially online and student ministry topics).