Have you ever felt isolate and alone in your job before? Have you ever felt that no one understands the stresses of our particular position? Sure! We all have. No matter what job you are in, everyone has felt overwhelmed, underprepared and stressed out. Everyone needs a pep talk every-now-and-then. This definitely applies to Church Communicators as well.
That is why I invited Kelley Hartnett on the podcast. Kelley has been involved in Church Communications for over a decade starting off as a receptionist for her Church. She now runs the Courageous Storytellers site which is a great resource for Church Communicators, whether you are new or a veteran communicator.
Kelley also just wrote a book entitled, “You’ve Got This: A Pep talk for Church Communicators“. It’s a fantastic book that will be the perfect pep talk Church Communicators need.
- Why she wrote it
- What the #1 stressor for Church Communicators is
- Why the demands on a Church Communicator are so high
- A quick breakdown of what the book is about
- An encouragement for all Church Communicators today
- Why it is so important to celebrate the wins!
- What should Church Communicators learn to say
- Share your thoughts! What is a pep talk you’ve needed to hear before? Share it as we’d love to hear the different encouragement people have gotten.
- If you want to connect with Kelley you can read her blog here. You can also find her on Twitter. She is very active on social media so definitely her him up if you have a question.
- Make sure you goto iTunes and subscribe to the podcast and see what cool things we do each and every week! And make sure you rate the show, especially if you like it. 🙂
- If you have an idea for a topic for a future podcast episode, email him here.
- Sign up for the Sidekick Scoop to get content from all over the ministry world (especially online and student ministry topics).