As much as we would like to hope, new volunteer leaders can’t just walk in and start being effective immediately. Sure, there are things they can do to start making a difference, but they need some equipping. Not only do they need equipping and training, but Ashley Bohinc, Director of Middle School Strategy for Orange believes there are 4 very specific things volunteer leaders want and need to be effectively.
That is why I brought back to Ashley to the podcast. Ashley led a Breakout at Orange ’18 about this very topic (my notes from the breakout are here). So, in today’s episode, Ashley and I discuss this…and some other fun things…including her book, “The Art of Group Talk: How to Lead Better Conversations with Teenage Girls” that she did with Crystal Chiang.
- Share your thoughts! What have you found to be some ways you have helped ? Share below or on Twitter using #ymsidekick when you post.
- If you want to connect with Ashley, you can find her on Twitter. She is very active on social media so definitely hit her up if you have a question. She also co-hosts Think Orange Podcast so check that out as well.
- Also, if you want more information on the ministry Ashley does with Ethiopia, Carry 117, click here.
- Facebook Group! Join the Digital Bootcamp Facebook Group to learn how to be more effective using digital tools for your ministry join the group. This is for ALL Ministers, not just Church Communicators or Social Media Managers. If you are a ministry leader or volunteer, this is the group just for you!
- Make sure you goto iTunes and subscribe to the podcast and see what cool things we do each and every week! And make sure you rate the show, especially if you like it. 🙂
- If you have an idea for a topic for a future podcast episode, email him here.
- Sign up for the Sidekick Scoop to get content from all over the ministry world (especially online and student ministry topics).