Have you started using Blab yet? Do you know what Blab is? With the wave of live stream video apps and services similar to Periscope and Meerkat, Blab came out in the summer of 2015. But as similar as they are (they all stream live from your phone) there is a big difference. Blab is a live video streaming app that allows you to connect to other people from anywhere in the world. You can have up to 4 people on video at a time and others in the chat room that utilizes Twitter. The benefits of Blab are many. Two of them are:
- It’s a great way to connect people (people from your Church and those who don’t quite know of your church yet).
- It’s a great discussion tool where you can have people live (on video or in the Chat Room) discuss an issue or topic that involves your Church.
So, what can you use Blab for in your ministry? Watch this video and check out the 3 ways below: [youtube width=”600″ height=”425″]https://youtu.be/j8HliB1auv4[/youtube]
- Have Bible Studies. What a great way to reach people who can’t connect in a physical group because of busy-ness or another reason. By doing an online Bible study you are enabling discussion on a certain passage.
- Ask the Pastor Forum. Blab provides a great way for people in your church to connect with the Pastor(s) where you can have everyone get on Blab and either ask questions via video or in the Chat Room. And it provides another opportunity for hopefully the Pastor(s) to be more personable during these conversations because they are not behind a pulpit (or music stand).
- Video Collaboration (Discussion Groups). These could be online life groups or a place where someone presents a topic that isn’t in lecture format but rather in discussion format and people can write in responses or respond via video. You can also use this to bring in experts to talk about a subject matter or for multi-site churches bring all the campus pastors together to discuss a topic.
The reality is Blab is a great, new tool for churches to use…or at least try out. Technology is changing and providing us with new ways to reach people. You may discover a completely new way to use Blab. But to not use this kind of technology or even try something similar would be a waste of an opportunity. What do you think? How HAVE you or how are you planning on using Blab for your ministry? Share your stories below or on social media using #ymsidekick so we can be encouraging each other in the new year! Also, make sure you sign up for the Sidekick Scoop below to stay current on all other great Student and Family Ministry as well as Church Communication and Social Media content and trends.