Social Media and digital communication is ever changing and evolving. Just when you think you understand something, another way to communicate to the masses is introduced and bam, there goes last months “it” item.
Because communication is like this these days, it can be hard to stay current and up-to-date on all that is happening. That is why it’s great to follow some people who are experts in the field and who have their hands on the pulse of what is new and what is working in the area of church communication.
So, below are a list of 5 Church Communicators you should follow regularly (in no particular order):
- Katie Allred. Not only is she a social media guru but she an Adjunct Professor at the University of Florida! And she’s not even 30 yet! She works at Brentwood Baptist Church in Tennessee and is a wealth of communication ideas for your Church. She started the Church Communication Facebook group with Darrel Girardier (below) which is a great community for people looking for ideas and insights.
- Darrel Girardier. Darrel works with Katie at Brentwood Baptist and is presenting at That Church Conference’s September gathering in Atlanta. In addition he has a great podcast that packs a punch – straightforward and very good insights on daily church communication issues.
- That Church Conference. Don’t be deceived by the name, they are much more than a conference. In fact, Van Baird and Justin Dean’s primary focus is communication, and then some more communication followed by even MORE communication. They have a great community page, awesome podcast, tons of resources and great practical ways you can grow as a communicator in their workshops and conference.
- ChurchMag. Even though most of these guys at ChurchMag are Android users, they have a TON of experience and are constantly and consistently pumping out great content about church communication. They also have a regular podcast that is a wealth of information as well!
- Steve Fogg. Steve is a Communications guy at Crossway Church. He blogs regularly about social media, communications and marketing stuff that all can apply directly to your church work. It’s really great stuff.
- Social Media Examiner. They are THE PREMIER social media and digital strategy gurus for all communicators and marketers. Even though they don’t talk specifically about church communication you can directly apply basically everything they talk about for your church. They have a variety of podcasts, webinars, conferences and meet ups as well as daily blog posts. Definitely worth a look.
What about you? Which Church Communicators are you following? Share below or on social media using #ymsidekick so we can all learn from each other.