It has been a long time since Ben Kerns has been on the podcast…to long. But, since it is Orange Blogger Week, Ben is back to talk about some Orange stuff as well as his recent blog post, The Best Way to Ruin Your Big Plan is to Break Trust.
Trust is a big deal in life but also in ministry. So how do you regain trust once it is broken, especially in your Church? That is why Tom brings Ben Kerns back to the podcast. Ben is a regular to the podcast and writes regularly on his blogs (links below). In this episode, Ben and Tom talk about:
- What Ben has been up to lately
- What he loves most about Christmas
- What is the background of his recent post, “The Best Way to Ruin your Big Plan is to Break Trust”.
- How can you regain trust in your Church and ministry (hint: it’s a “long term” play)
Ben is a great friend and a tremendous ministry resource. If you would like to connect with Ben, you can a few different ways. He’s on Email (sorry folks, no Twitter for him unfortunately), his blogs – Average Youth Ministry (more student ministry focused) and Benjamin Kerns (more leadership focused) with tons of great insights each week.
So what do you think? How have you rebuilt trust with others? Share your thoughts and insights below or on social media using the hashtag #ymsidekick.
Mentioned in the Podcast:
- The Orange Conference – sign up by the 14th and save $70
- Digital Bootcamp – FREE Facebook group training where ministers can learn digital tools to help reach more people for Christ
Also, Tom would love to hear from you about what you’d like a future topic to be. To email Tom some ideas email him here.
Make sure you goto iTunes and subscribe to the podcast and see what cool things we do each and every week! And make sure you rate the show, especially if you like it. 🙂
Lastly, sign up for the Sidekick Scoop to get content from all over the ministry world (especially online and student ministry topics).