Analytics are really important in any area of ministry that you are involved in. This is true of web and online ministry, as well. And, if you want to get great analytics for your Church site, Google Analytics is the best. It’s the best because Google basically rules online search so if you want your Church’s site to get discovered, you have to know what Google values as important.
As important as understanding Google Analytics is, it isn’t always easy to understand, especially if you are just getting started. That is why I brought back Adam McLaughlin to the podcast. He has been involved in digital church communications for years, has a great website and works as a Church Communicator in Ft. Myers, Florida. In today’s episode, Adam and I discuss and walk through Google Analytics from the very start.
- Why iguanas are falling out of trees in Florida right now
- What is Google Analytics and why it is important
- How to plug in the Analytics code into your site
- What is the data that Google sends you and how you can use it.
- The data Google values most
- What is the bounce rate and what that means for your site
- Why a Responsive website is great for Google
- Share your thoughts! Are you using Google Analytics? If so, how is it going and what questions do you still have about it? Share your experiences and stories below or on social media using #ymsidekick so we can all learn from each other.
- If you want to connect with Adam you can read his blog here and gets some great FREE ebooks here. You can also find him on Twitter. He is very active on social media so definitely hit him up if you have a question.
- Facebook Group! Join the Digital Bootcamp Facebook Group to learn how to be more effective using digital tools for your ministry join the group. This is for ALL Ministers, not just Church Communicators or Social Media Managers.
- Make sure you goto iTunes and subscribe to the podcast and see what cool things we do each and every week! And make sure you rate the show, especially if you like it. 🙂
- If you have an idea for a topic for a future podcast episode, email him here.
- Sign up for the Sidekick Scoop to get content from all over the ministry world (especially online and student ministry topics).