Volunteer Teams are the lifeblood of any ministry. The more you have them, the better your potential is to grow your ministry and expand your reach. That is why Adam McLaughlin is back on the podcast because he just wrote a book entitled “The Pigs are on the Runway” that directly addresses how you can grow your volunteer leadership team in 9 steps.
If you don’t know who Adam is, he is a Church Communicator in Ft. Myers, Florida and has been involved in digital communications for years. In today’s episode, Adam and I discuss and
- Why did he write the book
- Step 1: Understanding the positions you need to fill
- What Core Values have to do with Volunteer Teams
- How important trust is within your team
- Why it is vital for him to be involved in the ministry, not just directing it.
- The clear expectation for each team member to __________ (find out – it’s vital!)
- What “Big Idea Nashville” is and how you can sign up.
- Share your thoughts! What has been your experiences with Volunteers and growing those teams?
- If you want to connect with Adam you can read his blog here and gets some great FREE ebooks here. You can also find him on Twitter. He is very active on social media so definitely hit him up if you have a question.
- Facebook Group! Join the Digital Bootcamp Facebook Group to learn how to be more effective using digital tools for your ministry join the group. This is for ALL Ministers, not just Church Communicators or Social Media Managers.
- Make sure you goto iTunes and subscribe to the podcast and see what cool things we do each and every week! And make sure you rate the show, especially if you like it. 🙂
- If you have an idea for a topic for a future podcast episode, email him here.
- Sign up for the Sidekick Scoop to get content from all over the ministry world (especially online and student ministry topics).