It doesn’t take rocket science to know that there is no guaranteed “safe place”. As much as we make a school safe or a Church safe there are no guarantees. Tragedy will happen again and our students and those we are ministering to are going to have to deal with a range of emotions and thoughts. So how can we be preparing for that now?
That is why Tom brings Ben Kerns back to the podcast. In this episode, Ben and Tom talk about what ministers and Churches can do to help students and those they are ministering to deal with all that is going on in this world today. There are no set answers but hopefully the discussion will bring about a good conversation you can have with your ministry staff and volunteers on what you can do today in case the next time one of these tragedies happen hits too close to home.
- Share your thoughts! Share your thoughts and insights below or on social media using the hashtag #ymsidekick.
- Connect with Ben: Ben is a great friend and a tremendous ministry resource. If you would like to connect with Ben, you can a few different ways. He’s on Email (sorry folks, no Twitter for him unfortunately), his blogs – Average Youth Ministry (more student ministry focused) and Benjamin Kerns (more leadership focused) with tons of great insights each week.
- Make sure you goto iTunes and subscribe to the podcast and see what cool things we do each and every week! And make sure you rate the show, especially if you like it. 🙂
- If you have an idea for a topic for a future podcast episode, email here.
- Sign up for the Sidekick Scoop to get content from all over the ministry world (especially online and student ministry topics).