Assimilation. That is a key word in making sure that people coming for the first time or two to your Church are getting connected. So how do you make sure you connect them? What is your assimilation process?
Today I have Marcy Carrico on the podcast. Marcy is an Executive Assistant at the Church at Clayton Crossings in North Carolina. She works with social media, the website and database management (something for another podcast episode).
So, today, Tom and Marcy talk about:
- what she does and how she got involved in Church communications
- why she is passionate about Assimilation
- what is the “big rock” for your Church
- different ways to follow up with people on Monday
- what follow up gets the better response and why
- how a database can help you follow up
- why a phone call can be very important
- is there value to a Pastor making a phone call to connect
- the danger to a Pastor giving access to others
- the tension between online connect cards and automated responses
- Share your thoughts! How do you use assimilation and connect people in your Church? Share your thoughts on what you are doing and how it is going.
- If you want to connect with Marcy, check her out on Facebook. You can also check out her website as well. She loves blogging about assimilation and Church databases. It is great stuff!
- Make sure you goto iTunes and subscribe to the podcast and see what cool things we do each and every week! And make sure you rate the show, especially if you like it. 🙂
- If you have an idea for a topic for a future podcast episode, email here.
- Sign up for the Sidekick Scoop to get content from all over the ministry world (especially online and student ministry topics).
To connect with Ben, .
What about you? Do you have a Photography team for your Church or ministry? How do you recruit, train and utilize them for the Church? Share your experiences below or on social media using #ymsidekick so we can all learn from each other.