Facebook is an amazing network where you can connect with friends and family from all over the world.
What is also great about it is that you can use it to help other people as well. For instance, Heather Smith, part of our Outreach team at New Life, used Facebook to help a person in need recently. Not only did it help this person, it actually brought a new opportunity for the Church to get to know many other people in the community.
So in this episode I take to Heather about why she choose to use Facebook to reach out to this community member and how that has brought about a whole new outreach to the community that is growing.
- Share your story! If you have used Facebook in some way to help your neighbors or community, share it with us and on social media using #ymsidekick when you share on Twitter.
- If you would like to connect with Heather to find out more about what is happening because of this outreach, feel free to email her.
- If you have an idea for a topic for a future podcast episode, email him here.
- Make sure you goto iTunes and subscribe to the podcast and see what cool things we do each and every week! And make sure you rate the show, especially if you like it. 🙂
- Join the Digital Bootcamp Facebook Group to learn how to be more effective using digital tools for your ministry join the group. This is for ALL Ministers, not just Church Communicators or Social Media Managers.
- Sign up for the Sidekick Scoop to get content from all over the ministry world (especially online and student ministry topics).