There are some great leaders and people who share leadership ideas in the ministry world. Brian Dodd is one of them. Brian is the Director of New Ministry Relationships for Injoy Stewardship Solutions where they help churches fully-fund their mission and vision. But that, as he says, is his “day job”.
I met Brian through reThink and the Orange Conference (we both blog for them). Brian has a fantastic blog called “Brian Dodd on Leadership“. He helps people be ministry be the leader they can be and grow in that leadership position. And, he has a NEW book out on 10 enduring principles of APEX leaders. It’s called “Timeless” (if you order from the link you can save 25% and get FREE shipping).
In this episode we talk about the book and cover 2 of the 10 principles and how they have played out in his life.
- Share your thoughts! What are some leadership principles you have adapted into your life and how have they helped you be a better leader? Share below or on Twitter using #ymsidekick when you post.
- If you want to connect with Brian you can read his blog here or you can find him on Twitter. He is very active on social media so definitely hit him up if you have a question.
- The Twitter Advantage – Some churches are giving up on Twitter and that’s a mistake. This platform has unique advantages over other social platforms and can be leveraged to bring people from your community through your church’s front door. Discover how Twitter can be one of the most effective tools in your communications tool box.
- Facebook Group! Join the Digital Bootcamp Facebook Group to learn how to be more effective using digital tools for your ministry join the group. This is for ALL Ministers, not just Church Communicators or Social Media Managers. If you are a ministry leader or volunteer, this is the group just for you!
- Make sure you goto iTunes and subscribe to the podcast and see what cool things we do each and every week! And make sure you rate the show, especially if you like it. 🙂
- If you have an idea for a topic for a future podcast episode, email him here.
- Sign up for the Sidekick Scoop to get content from all over the ministry world (especially online and student ministry topics).