Contact work is vital to your ministry. If you and your leaders do a lot of it, it will yield great relationship results with people you are trying to reach. However, if you don’t do a lot of it, it can cause a lack of solid relationships in your ministry.
Today Cory Sullivan joins me in person as the Orange Conference ’18 begins and we talk about the value of showing up. More importantly, we talk about the value of showing up in the lives of students and families when relationships may be rocky or students may be distant. When you show up in their lives then it can communicate so much about the love of Christ in their lives and how much you care for them.
- Share your thoughts! How have you seen “showing up” help your ministry? Share your thoughts on social media using #ymsidekick when you share
- ORANGE CONFERENCE INFO:
- The Twitter Advantage – Some churches are giving up on Twitter and that’s a mistake. This platform has unique advantages over other social platforms and can be leveraged to bring people from your community through your church’s front door. Discover how Twitter can be one of the most effective tools in your communications tool box.
- Facebook Group! Join the Digital Bootcamp Facebook Group to learn how to be more effective using digital tools for your ministry join the group. This is for ALL Ministers, not just Church Communicators or Social Media Managers. If you are a ministry leader or volunteer, this is the group just for you!
- Make sure you goto iTunes and subscribe to the podcast and see what cool things we do each and every week! And make sure you rate the show, especially if you like it. 🙂
- If you have an idea for a topic for a future podcast episode, email him here.
- Sign up for the Sidekick Scoop to get content from all over the ministry world (especially online and student ministry topics).