The summer is a great time of year for ministry. Not only does it allow you to change things up from the school year, but it provides you unique ministry opportunities for you to do with those you are ministering to and ministering with.
One of the challenges of the summer is finding the right time to do some ministry development with your volunteer leaders. That is why Christopher Wesley is back on the podcast. He is one of the most effective student ministers I know. Not only does he have a lot of experience but he has provided a ton of resources that can help student ministers effectively train volunteer leaders over the summer.
In today’s podcast he shares about the diferent options student ministers have to train volunteers and the resources that can help.
- What do you think? How do you effectively train your volunteer leader over the summer? Share your thoughts on social media using the hashtag #ymsidekick to share.
- If you want to connect with Chris, you can a few different ways. He’s on Twitter, has an awesome blog with tons of great insights each week. Also, if you are looking for some training resources for your student ministry team? Check out the Marathon YM Store from Chris at https://marathon-youth-ministry.myshopify.com . Enter the PROMO code: SIDEKICK and get 50% off all June. It’s a great deal!
- Make sure you goto iTunes and subscribe to the podcast and see what cool things we do each and every week! And make sure you rate the show, especially if you like it. 🙂
- Join the Digital Bootcamp Facebook Group to learn how to be more effective using digital tools for your ministry join the group. This is for ALL Ministers, not just Church Communicators or Social Media Managers.
- If you have an idea for a topic for a future podcast episode, email him here.
- Sign up for the Sidekick Scoop to get content from all over the ministry world (especially online and student ministry topics).