Years ago there was lots of chatter about online ministry. Is it effective? Is it “real” ministry? Can it look like and act like a traditional Church? Those are all good questions but, as Churches dig deep into online ministry the reality is online ministry is here to stay. It is effective. It is real and it is Church.
The question is, what exactly does online ministry look like at your Church. Is it just utilizing digital communications to reach people or is it fully using digital tools to reach as many people as possible with the mindset of mission work?
That is why Jeff Reed is joining me today. Jeff is a former Online Pastor who now leads up The Church Digital. The Church Digital gives you great support and help in using technology better so you can reach more people for Christ. So today, Jeff and I talk about the difference between digital communications
- Share your thoughts! How are you using online ministry? Share below or on Twitter using #ymsidekick when you post.
- If you want to connect with Jeff you can read his blog here or you can find him on Twitter. He is very active on social media so definitely hit him up if you have a question.
- The Twitter Advantage – Some churches are giving up on Twitter and that’s a mistake. This platform has unique advantages over other social platforms and can be leveraged to bring people from your community through your church’s front door. Discover how Twitter can be one of the most effective tools in your communications tool box.
- Facebook Group! Join the Digital Bootcamp Facebook Group to learn how to be more effective using digital tools for your ministry join the group. This is for ALL Ministers, not just Church Communicators or Social Media Managers.
- Make sure you goto iTunes and subscribe to the podcast and see what cool things we do each and every week! And make sure you rate the show, especially if you like it. 🙂
- If you have an idea for a topic for a future podcast episode, email him here.
- Sign up for the Sidekick Scoop to get content from all over the ministry world (especially online and student ministry topics).