Being in ministry has many rewarding benefits. You get to see real change happen in the lives of people and families. However, because you are on the go all the time, you can develop some unhealthy habits. That means eating a lot of food and oftentimes unhealthy food (student ministers in particular). And, it also means that ministers can fail to take care of their own fitness and sleeping habits. It’s go, go, go all the time, which isn’t good long for a minister’s long term health.
That is why I invited Greg Oraham to the podcast. Greg is the Lead Pastor at Foothills Community Church. He is also a NASM Certified Personal Trainer, helping other Pastors be spiritually and physically fit through Pastor Fit.
Today we talk about Greg’s story and why he decided to get fit as a Pastor. We also talk about what Pastors can do to get and stay fit.
- What do you think? How do you stay healthy and fit as a minister? Share your thoughts on social media using the hashtag #ymsidekick to share.
- If you want to connect with Josh, you can check his website and Pastor Fit Twitter account.
- Make sure you goto iTunes and subscribe to the podcast and see what cool things we do each and every week! And make sure you rate the show, especially if you like it. 🙂
- Join the Digital Bootcamp Facebook Group to learn how to be more effective using digital tools for your ministry join the group. This is for ALL Ministers, not just Church Communicators or Social Media Managers.
- If you have an idea for a topic for a future podcast episode, email here.
- Sign up for the Sidekick Scoop to get content from all over the ministry world (especially online and student ministry topics).