Perception is reality. That is vitally important to know as a student minister. The perceptions students have for you, as a leader, can make or break your ministry. If they feel like you don’t like them, they won’t be interested in coming back to whatever your student ministry is doing…whether it’s the coolest thing ever or not. Perception is everything.
But perceptions is very important in peer-to-peer relationships within an office setting as well. So how do you know what that is and how do you manage that?
That is why Seth Muse joins the podcast. Seth is usually my our go-to person when it comes to Instagram knowledge. However, in this episode, Seth and I talk about perceptions and how to manage those effectively. Here is a hint on part of our discussion…a lot of managing those perceptions involve spending time with others and getting to know each other.
- Share your thoughts! How do you manage perceptions with your co-workers and those you are doing ministry with? Share below or on Twitter using #ymsidekick when you post.
- Seth is a great resource in communications and would be happy to connect with you. You can check in on him on Twitter click here. Also, check out his his blog and podcast and as well as his Facebook page.
- Twitter eBook! The Twitter Advantage – Some churches are giving up on Twitter and that’s a mistake. This platform has unique advantages over other social platforms and can be leveraged to bring people from your community through your church’s front door. Discover how Twitter can be one of the most effective tools in your communications tool box.
- Want to learn more about Instagram for your ministry? Join the Digital Bootcamp Facebook Group to learn how to be more effective using digital tools for your ministry join the group. This is for ALL Ministers, not just Church Communicators or Social Media Managers.
- Make sure you goto iTunes and subscribe to the podcast and see what cool things we do each and every week! And make sure you rate the show, especially if you like it. 🙂
- If you have an idea for a topic for a future podcast episode, email him here.
- Sign up for the Sidekick Scoop to get content from all over the ministry world (especially online and student ministry topics).