I think I have read more book over the past year than the past 5 combined. Now that I have gotten a Kindle Touch for my birthday, I think it’s only going to get easier for me to read. So far, since 2011 I have read/in the process of reading:
- “The Camel Club” for leisure – I needed a good mystery, thriller type book with some good old fashion conspiracy theories behind it.
- “Onward” by Howards Shultz. I am fascinated with great companies and what they do. So to see Shultz turn his company around was fascinating to me.
- “His Truth” by Jack Cottrell This is a book the New Life Staff is going over about the basic doctrine we should all know. It’s a great basis for doctrine we should all know.
- “Mere Christianity” by C.S. Lewis Honestly, I never read it before last year. Classic that everyone has to read. Book 4, Chapter 9 spoke volumes to me that I used in a few sermons last year.
- “When God builds a Church” by Bob Russell. Great insights from a guy I’ve never met but I hear about all the time (thanks to my Lead Pastor who knows him). Reading that gave me some new ideas and fresh perspectives.
- “Tempted and Tried: Temptation and the Triumph of Christ” by Russell Moore. Great book for Pastors to read on withstanding temptations. I read this with 2 other friends and it was great to process this with them.
- “God and His People” by James Garlow. Good book looking at the history of Christianity.
- “What’s so Great about Christianity” by Dinesh D’Souza. Great book dealing with atheism.
- “Poke the Box” by Seth Godin. A quick read but a great one about coming up with new ideas and thought.
What books have you read this year that you could recommend for summer reading?