I have been very blessed to have been involved in ministry for over 2 decades and have had some great ministry partners and volunteers that I have worked with. Because of that time I have a lot of moments where I think, “Remember when” and think of a great time in ministry where God has done great things and I just rejoice and thank God for the blessing.
Cory Sullivan is one of those leaders who I have been blessed to have worked with and had a lot of great moments in ministry with him. So I thought it would be great and fun to have an episode where we remember when. So that is what Cory and I do.
But there is a point to this podcast. It isn’t just a fun episode for Cory and I to talk through. It is the hope that this will inspire you to do 2 things:
- Give your “Remember When” person a call, thank them for doing ministry during that time and share the great memories God has done during that time.
- If you don’t have a “Remember When” person you do ministry with, keep praying and looking for that person. God never wants us to do ministry alone. I pray that God blesses you with that person so you look back and remember when with.
OTHER ACTION STEPS:
- As always, Cory is a great resource and you can find him blogging here. You can also follow him on Twitter here. He’s a great resource so hit him up and pick his brain.
- If you are looking for someone to coach you in Student or Online ministry, email Tom (firstname.lastname@example.org) to set it up.
- Join the Digital Bootcamp Facebook Group to learn how to be more effective using digital tools for your ministry join the group ASAP. This is for ALL Ministers, not just Church Communicators or Social Media Managers.
- If you have a topic for a future podcast episode, email him here.
- Make sure you goto iTunes and subscribe (http://ht.ly/QdLHJ) to the podcast and see what cool things we do each and every week! And make sure you rate the show, especially if you like it. 🙂
- Sign up for the Sidekick Scoop (http://ht.ly/TVyKF) to get content from all over the ministry world (especially online and student ministry topics).